Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Make This!

Every once in a while I need the instant gratification of a quick project to get me back in my sewing groove. This is one of those projects.  It really does take less than an hour if you have all the supplies on hand. I used some of my "Modern Meadow"  stash and whipped this puppy up for Michael. Now, all the boys (even my 9 year old) have requested one of these coloring wallets. They'll be great for keeping them occupied at church!  This is a simple, strait forward pattern and you could probably wing this if you have some skills. But, if you are like me and need a little extra help, you can find a tutorial for this project online at JChandmade.typepad.com. I modified the pattern a bit and used fusible fleece instead of the wool felt or heavy stabilizer that was called for. So what are you waiting for? If you have little people in your life, go stitch up a a few of these!

The wallet holds 8 crayons, a 5X7 memo book, and has a center pocket for finished artwork.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment